Organic Sesame (White)
₹250.00 (Incl. of GST)
Sesame is a flowering plant in the genus Sesamum. It is widely found in tropical regions is cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seed is the oldest oilseed crops. Sesame has highest oil content. With a rich, nutty flavor, it is a common ingredient in all types of cuisines. Sesame seed is considered to be the oldest oilseed crop. Records from Babylon and Assyria, dating about 4000 years ago, mention sesame. Egyptians called it sesemt, and it is included in the list of medicinal drugs in the scrolls of the Ebers Papyrus dated to be over 3600 years old.
Sesame seeds are tiny, oil-rich seeds that grow in pods on the Sesamum indicum plant.
Unhulled seeds have the outer, edible husk intact, while hulled seeds come without the husk.
The hull gives the seeds a golden-brown hue. Hulled seeds have an off-white color but turn brown when roasted.
Sesame seeds have many potential health benefits and have been used in folk medicine for thousands of years. They may protect against heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
However, you may need to eat significant amounts — a small handful per day — to gain health benefits.
Here are 15 health benefits of sesame seeds.
- Good Source of Fiber
- May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Nutritious Source of Plant Protein
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- May Support Healthy Bones
- May Reduce Inflammation
- Good Source of B Vitamins
- May Aid Blood Cell Formation
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- Rich in Antioxidants
- May Support Your Immune System
- May Soothe Arthritic Knee Pain
- May Support Thyroid Health
- May Aid Hormone Balance During Menopause
- Easy to Add to Your Diet