Organic Sesame (Black)
₹340.00 (Incl. of GST)
Sesame is a flowering plant in the genus Sesamum. It is widely naturalized in tropical regions around the world and is cultivated for its edible seeds. Sesame seed is one of the oldest oilseed crops. Sesame has one of the highest oil contents of any seed. With a rich, nutty flavor, it is a common ingredient in cuisines across the world. Sesame seed is considered to be the oldest oilseed crop known to humanity. The genus has many species, and most are wild. Most wild species of the genus Sesamum are native to sub-Saharan Africa. Sesame indicum, the cultivated type, originated in India.
Sesame seeds are tiny, oil-rich seeds that grow in pods on the Sesamum indicum plant.
Unhulled seeds have the outer, edible husk intact, while hulled seeds come without the husk.
The hull gives the seeds a golden-brown hue. Hulled seeds have an off-white color but turn brown when roasted.
Sesame seeds have many potential health benefits and have been used in folk medicine for thousands of years. They may protect against heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
However, you may need to eat significant amounts — a small handful per day — to gain health benefits.
Here are 15 health benefits of sesame seeds.
- Good Source of Fiber
- May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Nutritious Source of Plant Protein
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- May Support Healthy Bones
- May Reduce Inflammation
- Good Source of B Vitamins
- May Aid Blood Cell Formation
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- Rich in Antioxidants
- May Support Your Immune System
- May Soothe Arthritic Knee Pain
- May Support Thyroid Health
- May Aid Hormone Balance During Menopause
- Easy to Add to Your Diet